When: Friday morning
- Set up chairs in stage areas
- Put carpet under chairs in the Bijou Theatre
- Dress the stage areas
- Put up banners and bunting
- Set up the merchandise and registration tables
- Put up signage around the Mayday Hills site
- Put up solar lights
- Workshops (9am to 12 noon Sat and Sun)
Stand at doors of rooms being used for workshops: Beechworth Arts Society classroom, Harold Whittaker room, Bijou Theatre, Chapel, Pitts Family tent and asking everyone entering to show their wristbands.
- Concerts (as per the concert program)
Stand at the doors of the venues, by the ‘Please show your wristband’ sign and ask those entering to show their wristbands.
Raffle Ticket Sellers
When: selling of tickets can take place at any festival venue or other gathering place during the festival.
Collect the ticket selling satchels at the registration desk and return them to the Registration desk, for reconciliation, after each shift.
When: as per the Concert program
Stage managers are to ensure that:
Ensure that performers are present at least 15 minutes prior to their gig. Work with the MC to ensure that each performance keeps to the allocated time slot. Ensure that there is enough bottled water in the green room for performers. Stage managers are to wear a “hi-vis vest” to indicate their role. They are to prevent all unauthorised access to the Green room or the stage area at the venues during concerts. (Only those with a performer pass, media pass, or a member of the sound crew are authorised to be in the Green rooms or near the stage area).
CD and Merchandise Shop
When: From 9am Saturday until late on both Saturday and Sunday
Sell CDs and performer merchandise. Ensure that all CD and merchandise sales are recorded in the sales book. This involves handling cash (but not EFTPOS which is handled by the Registration desk team).
When: Sunday evening (for some jobs) and Monday morning for the remainder of the pack down.
- Stacking chairs, packing away solar lights, banners, and bunting
- Collecting all white hired chairs in the grounds of the hotel and asylum and taking them to the nearest collection point outside either the Mayday Hills Arts Society or George Kerferd Hotel entrance.
- Picking up rubbish and putting it in bins. When done bring all rubbish bins to one central point
- Stacking all hired white chairs outside the Harold Whittaker room at the George Kerferd Hotel.
- Stacking all white hired chairs from the Mayday Hills Arts Society outside their entrance.
- Collecting and packing up all solar lights.
- Taking down the hazard webbing and packing it away
- Emptying the remaining water out of the porta loos, (The bung is to go in the sink inside the loo). Remove the toilet paper and night lights and take to them Registration desk.
- Help George Kerferd Hotel staff pack down the bar and tables from the café/bar area and move them to their storage area.
Please note that a minimum of 6hrs is required to qualify for a free weekend pass. You may wish to do more hours than this - please let us know.