1st prize winner of the guitar from Cole Clark Guitars and guitar strap made by Chip Bragg was Heather Cuthbertson!
2nd prize: double season pass to Mountaingrass 2020: Ron Milton
3rd prize: 10 CD pack donated by John Boothroyd: Peter Hale
4th prize: Double season pass to Kiwigrass 2020: Angela Child
5th prize: Condenser microphone donated by Evan Webb: Ross McInnes
6th prize: set of banjo picks and beef jerky made by Gerald Pink: Phil Hamer.
Congratulations and a huge thank you to all of our donors and everyone who supported Mountaingrass by buying a raffle ticket!
First Prize – Value $2349
Cole Clark Guitar ($2199) with a Chip Bragg leather and lambswool strap ($150)
- All solid timber cutaway dreadnought with internally carved top and back
- Cole Clark 3 way pickup system
- Finish: Nitrocellulose (natural satin)
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Top: Solid Bunya
- Back and sides: Tasmanian Blackwood
- Inlaid timber rosette.
- Bridge/Fretboard: She Oak
- Inlays: Dot
- Machine Heads: Grover
- Nut/Saddle: Graph Tech Tusq
- Strings: Elixir – Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53
- Nut Width: 44mm/1.73″
Second Prize – Valued at $300
Double weekend pass to attend Mountaingrass 2020
Third Prize – Valued at $250
A pack of 10 CDs – donated by John Boothroyd
The pack contains a mix of bluegrass and old-time groups.
Fourth Prize – Valued at $200
Double weekend pass to Kiwigrass for the 2020 festival.
Kiwigrass is New Zealand’s own national festival of Bluegrass Music. It is produced by the Kiwigrass Trust, a non-profit association of bluegrass musicians and supporters in New Zealand, with help and guidance from the Australasian Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association of Australia (ABOTMA). The festival aims to present performances of bluegrass music, related workshops, and opportunities for attendees to share with each other through jamming and picking sessions.
In 2020, Kiwigrass will be held at Lake Karāpiro, at the Mighty River Domain in Cambridge, Waikato, from 31 January – 2 February, 2020.
Cambridge is close to Hamilton, an easy 2 hour drive from Auckland airport, and a 6 hour drive from Wellington.
Fifth Prize – Valued at $150
A Rocket U87 large diaphragm condenser microphone.
- Microphone Type: Condenser.
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8.
- Diaphragm Size: 1″ (25.4mm)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz.
- Max SPL: 117dB (Cardioid) (127dB w/10dB Pre-attenuation)
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 82dB (Cardioid); 79dB (Omni), 80dB (Figure-8)