If you are having trouble renewing your ABOTMA membership
If you are having trouble renewing your ABOTMA membership please click here to change your password
Your username is your email address, unless otherwise specified.
For any queries or questions please let us know immediately and we'll be happy to help. Use this email to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOTMA was founded in Harrietville on 27 April 2013, where, for more than 26 years, musicians had gathered to play and share music at the foot of Mount Hotham in the Victorian Alps at the annual Harrietville Bluegrass and Traditional Country Music Convention.
When the organisers of the Convention called it a day in 2012, a group of committed folks formed the Australasian Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association (ABOTMA), in order to continue running an annual bluegrass and old time music festival at Harrietville. In 2018 the festival moved to the George Kerferd Hotel, Beechworth, which is situated in the beautiful parklands of Mayday Hills, on the southern edge of Beechworth.
The broad mission of ABOTMA is to support the teaching, performance, and promotion of bluegrass & American old-time music in Australia. This involves:
- running the annual Mountaingrass festival which offers a wide range of workshops in aspects of Bluegrass and old-time music as well as concerts showcasing US acts and the best Australian performers;
- awarding an annual Young Performer scholarship to assist a young performer or band to attend the annual Mountaingrass festival;
- working with other music organisations in order to promote Bluegrass and Old Time music in Australia.
ABOTMA is a member of IBMA, the International Bluegrass Music Association, the peak body for Bluegrass music in the world.
Anyone is welcome to become a member of ABOTMA and take an active role including helping to stage the Mountaingrass festival.
Memberships are valid for one year from the date of subscription. A reminder email will be sent to the email address you have used to sign up.
When you renew your membership you will receive your access code to be used when buying your festival ticket(s). There is one member priced ticket per membership. When buying tickets online you will be asked for your membership number. If you do not receive your access code and/or you don't know your membership number please email us at email@example.com
- a discounted season or day ticket for Mountaingrass;
- a monthly newsletter;
- if flying with Virgin Airlines, you will be allowed to take an additional item of baggage for free;
- as a member of IBMA, ABOTMA members are able to access some benefits including Priority Access and discounts on IBMA events including the World of Bluegrass.